How It Works
Get business name ideas in three steps.
Start with the business basics. What’s your deal?
The Business Name Generator uses some pretty cool technology, but it can’t come up with business names without a little help. For best results, feed it bits of information about who you are, what you do and where you do it. Here’s an example:
- Who are you? — Bob Smith
- What do you do? — Bicycle sales & repair
- Where do you to do? — Birmingham
You just cleared one of the hurdles that can hit entrepreneurs right away. By jotting down some basic details, you’re off to a great start finding a business name.
Add some creativity to get things cooking.
So you’ve got your three building blocks for a brand. Now it’s just a matter of dicing them up and sprinkling in a little creativity. Once you plug your ideas into the Business Name Generator, it might yield something like:
- Bob's Birmingham Bicycles
- Birmingham Bicycles by Bob
- Bicycle Bob Birmingham
See where we’re going with this? You don’t have to be an advertising wizard to build a brand.
Dig a little deeper. Find a brand that’s unforgettable.
Today’s most memorable brands go beyond a name and location. It’s all about getting across an idea that’s irresistible to the people you hope to reach. Here’s what our friend Bob might do:
- What are some of your values? — Honesty, thoroughness, experience
- How do people describe you? — Friendly, knowledgeable, fast
- How are you unique? — Former bicycle racing champion
Now we have the beginnings of a brand that commands attention:
- Birmingham Speedy Bicycles
- Friendly Bob's Bikes
- Champion Cyclery Birmingham
When the Business Name Generator comes up with something you love, don’t hesitate. Register the domain and check with your local office to see if the business name is available.